NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU ARRIVE...
Please CAREFULLY read and fulfill ALL of the PWC REQUIREMENTS below to ensure that your adventure goes smoothly.
When making a reservation please FIRST select the correct location. See the bottom of the page or visit https://www.getwetfl.com/locations
WHAT TO BRING:
- Valid ID (with a picture and birth date)
- Boater's Education Certificate
- Major Credit Card for the Damage Deposit
- Proper Eye Protection (i.e.. Sunglasses)
- Water - Recommended!
PWC RULES AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. All guests must make a reservation online prior to arrival to ensure the equipment is available for rent at the desired departure time.
2. All guests in your party MUST arrive no later than 1 hour prior to the reserved departure time. Upon arrival, all guests in your party must meet the requirements listed below to participate in the rental of a PWC. If all of the requirements are not met, you may be subject to a non-refundable forfeit of the reservation or rescheduling of the reservation to a later date within 1 year from the original reservation date and time.
3. All guests are subject to our ZERO TOLERENCE alcohol and drug policy. If you arrive intoxicated, you will NOT be allowed to participate in the operation of a PWC or any other motorized or non-motorized vessels or rental equipment.
4. All guests operating a personal watercraft (PWC) MUST have a valid government issue photo ID including their birth date. Additionally, all PWC operators (Drivers) born on or after January 1, 1988 MUST acquire a Permanent or Temporary Boater’s Education Certificate PRIOR TO ARRIVAL. This can be done on our website by clicking the “Boater’s Education Certificate (Boater’s License)” tab from the Menu on our Home Page by visiting https://www.getwetfl.com/boaters-license-course. You will be redirected to Boat-Ed affiliated with the FWC. The course is $9.99 and the certificate is valid for 90 days. You have unlimited attempts for a passing grade if the test is done online from a PC or a Mobile Device. In the event you are pulled over by law enforcement while operating a PWC, you will be required to present these documents to the authorities. The original copy of your government issue photo ID MUST be in your possession at all times while operating a PWC. A paper copy or digital copy on a Mobile Device of the Boater’s Education Certificate MUST also be in your possession at all times while operating a PWC, it’s the law. Passengers that do not intend on operating the PWC are NOT required to have a photo ID or the Boater’s Education Certificate. You are required to email your photo ID and completed Boater’s Education Certificate to email@example.com prior to or upon arrival. Aqua Case floating dry bags are available on-site or at the time of the online purchase allowing you to safely bring these items onboard the PWC.
5. A physical copy of a major credit card is REQUIRED upon arrival and necessary to place a $500 hold per PWC in the case of physical damages to the unit. If you decide to use a debit card instead of a credit card the hold placed will be $1,000 per PWC. Please keep in mind that you are liable for any and all damages or injuries caused by or to our PWC regardless of who is at fault, NO EXCEPTIONS.
6. All guests that intend on renting a PWC must beat least 18 years of age. Minors must be at least 16 years old to operate a PWC with a valid government issue photo ID and the Boaters Education Certificate. Minors can operate a PWC without the Boater’s Education Certificate if they are riding on the same vessel with a person born before January 1st, 1988, or with a person 18 years of age or older that possesses a Boater’s Education Certificate. Minors participating in any activity MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian that is present for the entire duration of the activity. Minors MUST be at least 6 years of age or older to participate as a passenger on board a PWC or any motorized vessel. Minors that are 6 years of age or older must ride behind the PWC operator at all times and MUST be able to comprehend the dangers of the activity, NO EXCEPTIONS.
7. Personal Watercraft (PWC) have a weight limit of 400lbs. The more weight you add a PWC the more unstable they can become. Any guest that approaches or reaches this weight limit whether it be individually or combined with another passenger will be required to operate their own PWC in order to participate in this activity. In the event this limit is reached, and the guest(s) are required to operate their own PWC in compliance with the manufacturer weight limit but refuses to participate as the result, the guest(s) will NOT be issued a refund NO EXCEPTIONS.
8. Proper eye protection is REQUIRED at all times while operating a PWC or participating as a passenger. Sunglasses with a lanyard are sufficient for protection from the sun’s powerful rays and debris that may fly into the eye at high speeds. Safety sunglasses and lanyards are also for sale on-site or at the time of the online purchase if you prefer not to bring your own.
9. Notice of cancellation MUST be given within 24 hours prior to the reserved departure time. Late arrivals may be subject to a non-refundable forfeit of the reservation or rescheduling of the original reservation for up to 1 year.
WEATHER & WATER CONDITIONS:
We operate between the Intracoastal waters of Indian Rocks Beach to Clearwater Beach and the Gulf of Mexico. The conditions on the waters are extremely dynamic and can affect your ride tremendously. Always consider the weather, and the tide for the projected day of the week you are booking a reservation.
In the event of inclement weather prior to departure, we offer the option for re-booking the reservation up to 1 year from the original reservation date and time or the option of a full refund as determined by our staff members. There are NO REFUNDS once the activity has started, NO EXCEPTIONS. If weather or water conditions become unsafe during a ride and we are forced to return to the dock early we may then and only then offer a partial refund or voucher to return and complete the remainder of the purchased ride. Wind speed and direction are always a factor in how smooth or choppy your ride may be. Most of the time, the sea breeze coming off the Gulf of Mexico later in the day can cause undesirable conditions. As a rule of thumb, we recommend booking earlier in the day. Checking the weather forecast and local tide charts can be a useful tool in determining a desirable time to book your reservation.
The tides can affect our destination and the ability to explore during our ride. Hightide or the incoming tide is always preferable. During a high tide we can explore more hidden, scenic routes and some of our favorite locations. There is also less of a chance for you to run aground and damage the PWC during a hightide. Checking the tide charts is as easy as Googling "Local Tide Chart – Indian Rocks Beach or Clearwater Beach, FL”
Our staff members are trained to keep you safe and are also extremely knowledgeable of the local area and the “Rules of the road” as set by the U.S. Coast Guard. They are there to make sure you are having the most fun possible while keeping you safe through the entirety of your ride. We ask that you respect our staff members and their directions at all times. Our staff members will customize your ride to the best of their ability based on customer expectations and special requests, but we cannot guarantee all requests be fulfilled to every guests’ expectations. Our staff members take photos and videos as a COURTESY ONLY throughout each ride but are NOT guaranteed. Photos and videos are typically transferred to our customers immediately following the end of each ride via iPhone AirDrop, Text or Email but due to high volume of sales we cannot guarantee the same day transfer. Please note that our staff members are instructed that taking photos and videos are deemed a LAST PRIORITY in the event of inclement weather or any other foreseen or unforeseen conditions deemed unsafe at our staff member’s discretion.
In this industry it is customary to TIP our staff members upon return from a ride. Our staff works hard to make sure your ride is fun, safe, and unforgettable so you can focus on the full experience! So please show our staff the same hospitality they show you and don’t forget, “If you LOVED your ride, TIP your GUIDE!”
HOLIDAY INN & SUITES INDIAN ROCKS BEACH/CLEWARWATER BEACH S-HARBOURSIDE, an IHG Hotel - https://www.ihg.com/
401 2nd St, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785
Upon arrival at the Holiday Inn, please proceed up the main entry stairs to the lobby area and continue straight ahead through the mini golf course just past Hole #14 on the right. Be ready to GET WET!
H20 JET SKI RENTALS (Owned and operated by WET Rentals & Tours, LLC) - https://www.clearwaterjetskis.com/
25 Causeway Boulevard Slip 25, Clearwater Beach, FL 33767
CHART HOUSE SUITES ON CLEARWATER BAY - https://www.charthousesuites.com/
850 Bayway Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33767